Frequently Asked Questions
Our current reservation process is as follows. Our state-of-the-art online booking process is coming soon in 2020.
- 1. View our inventory list, look for the amenities you want to enjoy and select a rental option.
- 2. Look for your desired travel dates and select a departure and return date.
- 3. Select any additional add-ons you would like to add to your trip.
- 4. Confirm your reservations and total invoice amount, and check out.
- 5. Download rental application packet, fill out forms and simply email, or fax back to us!
Now you are ready for your selected pickup date and time. You will receive a confirmation email from us that all documentation has been received, and that your reservation has been confirmed!
If any further documentation is still needed, you will be contacted via email.
- 1. Arrive to our storage facility 15 minutes before your selected pickup time is scheduled.
- 2. Complete pre-rental walkthrough with us, during which we will review the following together:
- a. Walk around selected rental unit and notate any pre-existing damages to the vehicle both inside and outside of the vehicle, and make notations as to if there is, or is not any damage pre-existing. (There should never be preexisting damages to any of our vehicles)
- b. Complete a walkthrough on all the features, switches, appliances, and anything you will need to know how to operate.
- c. We will show you where the hook ups are on the trailer, how to use them, and typical procedures on operating your rental.
- d. All rentals come with a full fuel storage tank, and full LP gas tanks for your trip as well. These are to be full upon your return to avoid any extra service fees. All tanks are verified upon leaving that they are full for your use.
- e. We will hook up your rental unit to your towing vehicle for the first time for you upon pickup at our storage lot. Upon hook up, we will also set up the weight distribution hitch to your vehicle so that everything is installed correctly for you.
- f. We will show you how to unhook the trailer as well so that you can feel confident in both hooking, and un-hooking the trailer during your stay if you will be parking it in a rental slot. Many people are worried about this, but it is extremely easy to do, and we will show you so sit back and relax!
- g. After we complete the walk though and final sign off paperwork, you are good to go!
- 1. Arrive at storage facility 15 minutes prior to scheduled return date and time to drop off rental unit.
- 2. We will unhook the trailer unit from your vehicle and remove the weight distribution hitch.
- 3. We will then complete the post-walkthrough with you on the vehicle and confirm the following:
- a. There is no damage to the rental units interior or exterior. If there is, we will discuss the damage and we will receive a quote from our dealer to have the damages repaired and you will be notified. If damages are to be repaired, they will be removed from your security deposit to cover the costs.
- b. If the damage cost is larger than your security deposit, we will provide you with the estimate, and discuss whether you would like to proceed paying the balance owed directly above the security deposit, or if it is too large, you have the ability to make an insurance claim.
- c. We know and understand that mistakes do and can happen while you are renting the vehicle. It is not a huge issue, we just ask that you understand that you are responsible for the vehicle during the rental period, and we will work with you to settle any disputes about damage that may occur. You are responsible for any and all damage to the unit that may occur while it in in your possession.
- 4. Finally, we will verify that you filled both the fuel storage, and the LP gas tanks prior to return drop-off.
We try to always be as fair as possible on our damage guidelines, however it is something we do take serious, and we hope you will treat our inventory as if it were yours. We pride ourselves in having the newest, cleanest, best units available for rent for our customers and in order to do so, we need the help of our great renters to ensure we keep a nice fleet for everyone to use!